Single video pages:
At Matternet, we’re making access to goods as frictionless and universal as access to information. Our products enable organizations around the world to build and operate drone logistics networks for transporting goods on demand, through the air, and at a fraction of the time, cost and energy of any other transportation method used today. Our Engineering team is primarily split into product groups: Aircraft, Station, and Platform. This enables our Engineers to be focused within their project work, yet still lend a hand to overall engineering challenges as they come up. Our engineers have an opportunity to impact the direction of both our entire company and the global drone industry. If that sounds like a good fit for you, we'd love to have a conversation with you about joining our team!
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
How does the engineering team interact with other teams at the company?
How many sub-teams do you have?
How much agency or impact does each individual engineer have at the company?
What company value resonates with you most?
What will new hires experience in the first 30 days?
What's the hardest part of your job?
What challenges are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
What do you make, who is it for, and why do they care?
What's hard about what you're building?
What’s the most internally controversial decision you’ve made about your stack?
A few roles we'd love to fill ASAP
Team size & roles
- 2 Engineering VPs (1 Hardware/Manufacturing VP, 1 Software/Flight Test VP)
- 24 Hardware/Manufacturing team members
- 22 Software/Flight Test team members
- 2-week sprints
- Remote-friendly (with the option of hoteling desks in-office)
Hours & location
- Work from anywhere
- Work in US time zones
- Mixed on-site and remote
- Flexible work hours
Tools we use
- React Native
- Amazon AWS
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon RDS
- Read this article from ABC News and watch this video for details on our partnership with Labor Berlin, the latest example of how we’re making a positive impact on society.
- Get to know our founder and CEO, Andreas Raptopoulos, by watching his 2013 TED Talk about Matternet's ongterm mission and business potential.
- Watch Tom Rehwinkel, our Head of EU Regulatory Affairs, present at the 2020 Swiss Drone Industry: Partner and Deploy conference.
- Read about us in the news! This TechCrunch article, this Forbes article, and this VentureBeat article all highlight our drone docking stations, while this WNCN story and this KPBS story discuss how we can improve healthcare through our drone delivery system.
- Technical founder(s)
- Funding: $51–250M
- CEO is a founder
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.