Single video pages:
XMTP Labs is the primary contributor behind XMTP: a secure messaging protocol and decentralized communication network for web3.
Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, applications, and users.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's a peek inside XMTP Labs!
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
What do you make, who is it for, and why do they care?
What do you value most about your company’s culture?
What is a permissionless culture?
What's your approach to hiring?
Are senior-level roles generally new hires or internal promotions?
Do you need crypto/Web3 experience to join XMTP?
How much agency and impact does each individual engineer have at the company?
What do growth opportunities look like at XMTP?
What does cross-functional collaboration look like at XMTP?
What's hard about what you're building?
Where do feature ideas come from?
What does the culture have that you haven't seen in other workplaces?
What makes XMTP a great place to work at?
How well are you paid?
Can you tell about a time when the CEO learned something from you?
We're hiring across the board! The most urgent needs at the moment: Protocol Engineers, Staff Mobile Engineer, Protocol Security Engineer, and Engineering Manager!
Please note: prior web3/blockchain experience is a huge plus but not a hard requirement. If you or someone you know has relevant experience, but unsure how this fits into our org, please reach out and we'd be happy to discuss a potential fit.
Hi there! At XMTP, it's my job to ensure we're consistently attracting, engaging, and hiring top talent. Guess what? We're growing, and we'd love for you to become part of our dynamic, diverse, and hard-working team.
We're committed to providing you with an exceptional candidate experience. With us, you're much more than just a resume - you're a unique individual with a story. From the moment you hit that 'Apply' button, we're dedicated to making your interview process with us smooth, transparent, and enjoyable. Expect clear communication, respect for your time, and a genuine interest in getting to know you - not just as a potential XMTP employee, but as a person. Talk soon!
- Read our unconventional take on remote work, home office perks, and benefits.
- Our philosophy on remote work.
- Why we’re getting rid of the vesting cliff!
- For a deep dive into XMTP, check out this article.
- Read about Coinbase’s new built-in messaging powered by the XMTP protocol on the Coinbase blog and in TechCrunch.
- A note from our CEO about Coinbase’s new wallet integration with XMTP.
- How XMTP is helping Coinbase users send safe and secure payments via text.
Team size & roles
- ~34 employees company-wide
- 50% > comprised of engineering
- Fully-remote + asynchronous. Written messaging is the primary method of communication, combined with intentionally scheduled meetings.
- Weekly wrap-up (team-wide announcements, updates, and show-and-tell opportunities).
- Cross functional working teams (pods).
- Meet-up stipend to encourage meaningful IRL time.
- Quarterly virtual trivia and team building events.
- Annual performance cycle.
- Team and org-level OKRs.
- 2 in-person off-sites per year.
Hours & location
- Work from anywhere
- 100% remote
- Flexible work hours
- Remote since inception
- Work in US time zones
Tools we use
- Rust/Double Ratchet/X3DH/ZKP
- Mobile: Swift, Kotlin, React Native
- Funding: $11–50M
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.