Single video pages:
As the world's largest car sharing marketplace, Turo is growing fast and hiring talent in the US, Canada, the UK, France, and Australia! Our driven, down-to-earth team empowers you to push yourself, make a huge impact, and accelerate your career growth.
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
What’s the hardest problem you recently solved successfully?
“Putting this out into production for thousands and thousands of people to use was definitely nerve wracking, but I had a lot of support from my team, and I don’t think anyone at any point ever expressed a drop of doubt, which was really big and says a lot.”
What are the main technical challenges that you're facing?
“Scale is a challenge that we need to work on….where is the bottleneck in scaling right now?…What are the different bottlenecks that prevent us from getting scale? Then we start looking at it from a technical perspective and start working on that.”
Hi, I lead the technical recruiting team here at Turo, which is responsible for all of our engineering, product, design and data hiring. Please feel free to reach out with any questions at all and I'll be happy to guide you through the process.
Team size & roles
Most Product Development teams are cross-functional with 10 people in each:
- Engineering Manager
- 2 Frontend Engineers
- 3 Backend Engineers
- 2 iOS Engineers
- 2 Android Engineers
Platform teams vary between 6 to 10 engineers and a manager:
- Machine Learning
- Extensive collaboration with the Product and Design teams, as well as with other engineering teams.
Hours & location
- Mixed on-site and remote in certain locations
- Flexible work hours
- Work in US time zones
Tools we use
- Backend: Java Spring with about 25 microservices
- iOS: Swift and Objective C
- Android: Kotlin and Java
- Cloud: AWS
- Will sponsor work visa
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.