Single video pages:
Hi! We’re the engineering team at Medium. At a time when we have an unprecedented amount of information at our fingertips, our goal at Medium is to make it easier for humans to read—and write—things that actually matter. To do that, our team creates simple and beautiful product experiences that prioritize our users. Currently, 170 million readers come to Medium for insightful and dynamic thinking—and we’re growing fast. We’d be thrilled for you to join us.
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
How has your perception of the company changed since you joined?
How should candidates prepare for interviews?
What makes the team effective?
What role does writing play within the team?
Why do team members stay at the company?
How much agency does each individual engineer have?
What are the hours like and is remote work permitted?
What challenges are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
What's hard about what you're building?
How does the team recognize good work?
What company value resonates with you the most?
What will new hires experience in their first 30 days?
A few roles we'd love to fill ASAP
View job openings →
- Check out the official Medium blog for updates from our company and our team members.
- Read about what we’re working on right now in this blog post.
- Read about our engineering onboarding processes in this article.
- Learn about our engineering interview process and the qualities we seek in candidates in this article.
- In this blog post, read about the recent changes we made to our publishing tools, reading platform, and content offering to make Medium more expressive and relational.
- Check out this blog post to learn what conversations about diversity and inclusion look like at Medium.
Team size & roles
- There are around 90 people in Medium's engineering organization.
Meet the team →
- Team stand ups
- All company FAM (Friday Afternoon Meeting) bi-weekly
- Performance Reviews: Twice yearly
- Growth Assessments: Twice Yearly
Hours & location
- Work in US time zones
- Mixed on-site and remote
- Work from anywhere
Tools we use
- GraphQL APIs
- CEO is a founder
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.