Single video pages:
Luis Fernando Avalos:
We’re Flex, an early-stage, remote-first startup that is bringing flexibility to recurring bills. We started by revolutionizing the way that people pay their rent. Now, our users can pay all of their bills throughout the month on a schedule that better fits their budget. We’re just getting started. We invite you to meet our team—and learn more about our product and engineering culture. Reach out if you have any questions. We'd love to hear from you.
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
Does the team work on a cadence, Sprints?
What are the best reasons to join Flex?
What were the early days like, does Flex have a certain DNA?
As CTO, why did you yourself join the team?
How stable are the teams, What's internal mobility look like?
How well do you pay compared to industry standards?
What are the hours like, When do people work?
What's hard about what Flex is building?
Who are your users?
Will you remain a remote first company?
How are sub-teams organized?
Is career advancement likely at Flex?
What are the best reasons to NOT join Flex?
What moment are you in as a team?
Where do feature ideas come from?
A few roles we'd love to fill ASAP
View job openings →
Team size & roles
We’re a team of 70 engineers and growing quickly. (We plan to be at 100 by EOY.)
Roles range from mid-level to staff engineers:
- Front end & Back end
- Data eng
- Security eng
Meet the team →
- Great culture of very active collaboration over Slack, Huddle and Zoom
- Daily standups per team with bi-weekly planning meetings
- Monthly All Engineering with the CTO
- Monthly All Hands with the CEO
- Weekly 1 on 1s with your manager
- Bi-weekly skip level 1 on 1s
- Bi-weekly team socials
- Monthly career ladder discussions with your manager
- Semi-annual performance reviews that are focused on your growth
Hours & location
- 100% remote
- Flexible work hours
- Work in US time zones
- Mixed on-site and remote
- Work from anywhere
Tools we use
- Funding: $51–250M
- CEO is a founder
- Will sponsor work visa
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.