We are looking for a Manager to join our Strategic Finance, R&D team. This is an exciting opportunity to join a growing team at the ground level and drive analyses for some of the most dynamic initiatives we are undertaking at Instacart. In this role, you will be a key business partner providing financial support to Instacart's technology groups, and drive priorities that will have a critical impact on our company’s near and long-term success.
As a member of the Strategic Finance team, you will build relationships with multiple stakeholders across the business while you partner to solve complex business problems.
As a Manager, you have both strong attention to detail and the ability to consider the big picture to drive strategic and investment recommendations. You are highly analytical and a clear, confident communicator.
About the Job
- Early team member on the Strategic Finance team
- Partner cross-functionally to drive budgeting and forecasting processes, strategic decision making and initiative prioritization
- Prepare monthly and quarterly performance and forecast reviews, variance analysis, and financial review presentations
- Generate insightful analytics for cross functional leadership team; identify areas of opportunity to help develop Instacart’s strategic direction
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly, and annual planning
- Complete ad-hoc business projects and financial modeling analysis that drive decision-making
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting, Engineering, Economics or other related field
- 6-8 years work experience in a relevant field with demonstrated financial acumen and a track record of leveraging data for business impact
- Knowledgeable about Amazon Web Services, cloud infrastructure economics, cost drivers, and how rapidly growing companies manage infrastructure costs
- Experience in investment banking, management consulting, FP&A / Strategic Finance at a start-up or high-growth technology company preferred
- Highly proficient in Excel / Sheets with strong attention to detail
- Ability to effectively build and maintain relationships with multiple stakeholders, manage multiple competing priorities, and drive projects to completion
- Excellent written and oral communication skills ability to clearly articulate ideas and drive cross-functional understanding and cooperation across the business
- Demonstrated experience thinking strategically about complex business problems, leading to recommendations and action plans
- A self-starter with a positive attitude and ability to work in a rapidly changing environment
- Intermediate to advanced SQL knowledge is preferred