Single video pages
At Intercom, we’re on a mission to make internet business personal. We’ve created the world's first Conversational Relationship Platform to help businesses build better customer relationships through personalized, messenger-based experiences. Despite the fact that Intercom connects more than 30,000 businesses with over a billion people worldwide and that for most people messaging apps are the primary channel of communication, most businesses have never used a messenger to communicate with their customers. We know we’ve barely scratched the surface of our total addressable market. Intercom became a unicorn company with our last valuation ($1.275bn) but our growth has been explosive since - our revenues are growing, our teams are growing, and we work hard to help our staff grow and develop, too. There’s never been a better time to join, so why not hear from members of our sales team, below, telling you why Intercom should be the next step in your career.
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
On the spectrum of competitive to collaborative, where would you place your team culture?
In three years, how does the market you’re addressing look different?
How does the sales team interact with other teams at the company?
What does the typical sales cycle look like?
How much authority do you have to solve problems for customers?
Do you have direct competitors, and how do you stack up against them?
What does career progression looking like in the sales function?
What challenges are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
Since joining the team, what have you learned, or how have you grown?
Why do team members stay at the company?
Which company value resonates with you most?
A few roles we'd love to fill ASAP
- Learn more about what we do, our leaders, and recent press coverage of our business here.
- Discover more about our team leaders, values, and culture, as well as how we approach Sales, in this article from the Intercom blog.
- Read this great interview with Karen Peacock, who joined Intercom as our COO in 2017 and was promoted to CEO in 2020.
- Listen to this podcast featuring Karen Peacock (CEO) and Des Traynor (Chief Strategy Officer) as they reflect on how Intercom has grown and changed over its 10-year journey. They touch on how we think about and treat our customers, our values, and how we build our industry-leading product.
- We revised our company values to bring them up-to-date and hold us more accountable at the beginning of Intercom's 10th year in 2021. Read them here and get a great insight into the way we work.
- Watch this video to see Des Traynor (Chief Strategy Officer) talking about Intercom's growth beyond Product Market Fit.
- Check out this article about Vend, one of our APAC Clients based out of Auckland, discussing how much we've helped them improve their customer support.
- Take a tour of Intercom's Sydney office with the Aussie team and hear about their journey on this short podcast.
Team size & roles
- Director of Sales
- Manager Account Executives
- Account Executives (New business) - 7
- Relationship Managers (Existing business) - 4
- Inbound SDR - 3
- Outbound SDR - 2
- Sales Engineer - 2
- CSM - 2
- Weekly one-on-ones with direct manager
- Fortnightly APAC meetings
- Team huddles 3 times per week
- 1 QBR per quarter
- Individual/company-wide performance reviews twice per year
Hours & location
- Flexible work hours
Tools we use
- Funding: $51–250M
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.