Single video pages:
Orbit is built by developer advocates who understand the power of community. Our community experience platform helps companies identify, measure, and improve their community members’ engagement, all while focusing on creating value instead of merely capturing it. We want to help our users deliver a stellar member experience, quantify their business impact, and become the next generation of community leadership. As a member of our team, you’ll help architect our overall technology direction while tackling the challenges of our product and engineering roadmap. If advocating for community as a business practice is something you’re passionate about, we’d be thrilled for you to join us.
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
How does the team recognize good work?
How has your perception of the company changed since you joined?
How should candidates prepare for interviews?
What are the hours like and is remote work permitted?
Where do feature ideas come from?
How much agency does each individual engineer have at the company?
What challenges are you most looking forward to in the next 12 months?
What have you already built and what's next?
What will new hires experience in their first 30 days?
Are there common misconceptions that you hear about the industry or your company?
What characteristics have helped team members be successful?
What makes the team effective?
What moment are you in as a team?
What's the hardest problem you've recently solved successfully?
A few roles we'd love to fill ASAP
- Learn more about our internal community and day-to-day work by checking out our engineering team’s workflow on GitHub, which includes this RFC on the Orbit Model 2.0.
- Check out the Orbit Blog to hear the latest from the team at Orbit. There’s this story from Ulrich Sossou about his first month working here, this story from co-founder and CEO Patrick Woods about how we use our product internally, and many more great reads.
- This episode of the Developer Love podcast (which is hosted by Patrick) and this panel (which also features Patrick) detail the rise of digital events and the potential Orbit has as a business.
- This article from Built In highlights an example of the unique backgrounds and career paths that some of our team members have here at Orbit.
Team size & roles
- 1 Co-Founder and CEO (Patrick Woods)
- 1 Co-Founder and CTO (Josh Dzielak)
- 4 Software Engineers
- A voice channel on Discord for team communication
- Every team member helps review PRs
- At least one demo at every meeting
Hours & location
- 100% remote
Tools we use
- CEO is a founder
- Technical founder(s)
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.