Apply for this job →
Meet the hiring manager
Anoop Ranganath, Head of Engineering • LinkedIn
What should people expect from the interview process?
What kind of background are you looking for in candidates?
Why should people want to work on a team that you're leading?
Our mission at XMTP Labs is to build a secure, open, and decentralized communication protocol that connects creators, communities, apps, and users.
As a Senior Software Engineer at XMTP you will:
- Develop and maintain highly reliable, scalable, and secure applications
- Debug production issues across services and multiple levels of the stack
- Write high quality documentation for your contributions
- Collaborate with other engineers, PMs, and designers on the team
- Participate in open source development
You may be a fit for this role if you have:
- Excellent communication skills on technical and non-technical issues, with an emphasis on written communication
- 5+ years of experience in software engineering
- Experience building complex, high-performance software
- A solid working knowledge of standard security methodologies
- Experience working with: React, TypeScript, Golang, libp2p
Not required, but a bonus if you have:
- Experience leading or contributing to open source projects
- Experience with cryptographic primitives and protocols
- Experience with the Linux operating system, its internals, and ecosystem
- Experience building with decentralized networks, consensus protocols, smart contracts, blockchains, etc.
Who we are
We set out to design a modern organization from the start—one that’s global, remote, and asynchronous-by-default.
We think of ourselves as a “grown-up” startup—building a company that’s fair, equitable, and rewarding for everyone to work at, with an emphasis on having fun while building an ambitious project.
Our team has decades of experience in building companies, but we’re looking for more diverse experiences to add to the founding team. Joining XMTP Labs today represents not just an opportunity to play a key role in building an essential part of the next web, but also in establishing the core DNA of the company.
Here's an inside look at XMTP and some of the frequently asked questions about our culture, answered by one of our co-founders and core team members.
About XMTP, Inc.
XMTP, Inc. was co-founded by Matt Galligan and Shane Mac, and is headquartered on the web. We have an excellent benefits package that includes parental leave, competitive pay, an equipment and home office allowance that refreshes yearly, monthly lifestyle stipend, as well as a personal assistant, and financial advisor. For U.S.-based team members we also provide access to FSA, 401K, and fully paid high quality medical, dental, and vision insurance for you and your family.
We’re backed by some of the best investors in tech and crypto: a16z Crypto Fund, Offline Ventures, Sound Ventures, Distributed Global, Redpoint, IDEO CoLab and many more key ecosystem investors and operators. See the full list here.
XMTP, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity at our company and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Talk to a human about this job
Great links to learn more
- Read our unconventional take on remote work, home office perks, and benefits.
- Why we’re getting rid of the vesting cliff!
- For a deep dive into XMTP, check out this article.
What does the culture have that you haven't seen in other workplaces?
J-Ha Hasegawa, Principal Technical Writer
What’s your response to people who think that crypto is gimmicky and speculative?
Shane Mac, CEO
Please give me a snapshot of XMTP’s financial health.
Shane Mac, CEO
Meet other folks on the team
See more jobs at XMTP Labs →
Produced by hand by the humans at BYA. Learn more about BYA.