Single video pages
Hey there. We’re the Engineering team at Yello. Our mission is to help large companies power their recruitment programs in the most seamless and efficient way possible. Currently, our platform is used in over 70 countries by companies looking to hire the best talent and offer the best experience for candidates. As a member of our software engineering team, you will work to maintain, build, and optimize our recruiting tools for enterprise and government customers. We would be thrilled for you to join us.
- Create a linked database from the Updates Feed Database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view, delete the default Table view.
- Create a filter to show only the people you’d like to show on this section.
If Updates Feed section is required, copy the blocks below and paste them above this Hidden Notes block:
[paste the linked database link here]
View all updates →
Team member Q&A.
In what ways is the team diverse?
How does the team recognize good work?
Why do team members stay at the company?
When you interview candidates, are there red flags you keep an eye out for?
What is hard about what you’re building?
A few roles we'd love to fill ASAP
- Learn about Yello and what it’s like to work here on our BuiltIn Chicago profile.
- Get to know our leaders on Yello's leadership page—and check out our new CEO, Corey Ferengul, on LinkedIn.
- Learn about all of our products on our product overview page.
- See what we’ve been up to recently by reading this press release and this press release.
Team size & roles
- 5 leaders and managers
- 20 engineers
- 7 product and design people
- 6 DevOps Engineers
- 5 Data Engineers
- 10 Test Engineers
- We loosely use the Spotify engineering model with guilds, chapters, tribes and squads.
- Teams are cross-functional and have all the skills and tools needed to design, develop, test and release to production.
- Teams practice standup, grooming, planning and retrospective ceremonies.
- Minimal meetings: Our weekly company all-hands fits in just nine minutes every Monday, and our quarterly company all-hands is one hour.
- Performance reviews twice per year.
- Clearly defined career ladder with seven levels for both ICs and people leaders.
- Promotions and raises both on- and off-cycle.
Hours & location
- Mixed on-site and remote
- Flexible work hours
Tools we use
- React v16 w/ hooks
- Ruby v2.4.10
- Rails v22.214.171.124
- Postgres v11
- Elasticsearch v5 (but with plans to migrate ES search logic into Postgres)
- Resque for jobs/Redis
- Funding: $11–50M
- Will sponsor work visa
- Create a linked database from the Team database or Contributors database, and paste the link in this section.
- Create a Gallery view
- set card preview → page cover
- set card size → small
- hide the database title by toggling the Show database title toggle pill.
- Create a filter Related to Groups database, and select the respective Group.